Monday, February 4, 2013

SuperButton Sunday

It all started with a few buttons.
(Well, maybe it was more than just a few buttons.) 
And time, because that is usually what I am short on.
Sunday afternoon, after a Sunday afternoon nap, after a Saturday nightshift...
I don't want to straighten anything up, I don't want to do the dishes,
I don't want to run a load of laundry through. 
I want to do something creative-ish. 
So, buttons. 

Button, button, who's got the button?
Who remembers playing this game? 
Only involves one piece of equipment and multiple children.
I'll let you guess what equipment is needed. 
Here's a hint:



However, for my craftiness today, I needed not only buttons and a few beads, but string. 
I like jute. 
Jute sometimes likes me, unless the buttonholes are too small. 


I played around with various combinations and ideas for getting the bracelets on and off. 
Note: Jute does not stretch to get over chunky knuckles. 

 I like the look of these. I am partial to purple. 
Who wouldn't be?
And pearls. 
Purple and pearls. 
Sigh. 


Still playing around. 
I like neutral colors combined together too. 
They have a calming effect. 
Red and black? Not so much. But that was Ryan's favorite. Should I be surprised? 

I didn't even watch the Superbowl. 
Instead I got distracted in the buttons and watched a video with Heather and Ryan. 
Remember The Absentminded Professor? 
Is there really any better way to spend a Sunday afternoon and evening? 
Unless of course, it was the Steelers playing in the Superbowl...

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment