Friday, February 15, 2013

Cops and Dance Fever

Twice in one week I had the pleasure of having red and blue flashing lights serenade me. 
Aren't I lucky? I mean, who wouldn't want the feeling of being in their own private Dance Fever

"Ah ah ah ah, stayin' alive, stayin' alive..."

Except...

But...

You knew there was a "but" didn't you? 

But it wasn't Dance Fever; it was more like Cops. 

"Bad boys, bad boys watcha gonna do...?"

Well, one thing I am not going to do is speed up and go faster to see if I can get away, although that thought always flashes through my mind when I see the flashing lights. There is this little part of me that says, once, just once I should try it. There is this even bigger part of me that says, rather loudly I think, " I. Don't. Think. So!" So I don't. 

Twice pulled over, twice not speeding or weaving. Twice caught for having exactly one headlamp out. 
Now, I see lots of cars with headlamps out, but for some reason, my poor innocent Scarlet gets pulled over for closer inspection. Where is the justice? 

I thought about flipping my high beams on every time I see a police car so that both lamps would be lit, but then figured that could be misconstrued as me being an aggressive driver, and didn't. 

Now I have two warnings in my car, one from PA and one from MD. Hey, I could try for West Virginia and Ohio too. How many warnings do you think I could get before a fine gets slapped on?

All this makes me think about God. He gives me warnings and He gives me second chances, but He is also just. If I am in the wrong, I know it. I need to seek forgiveness and I need to make it right. God doesn't just see me as a "bad girl, bad girl", but He sees me as His child and He wants me to be "stayin' alive, stayin' alive". His grace abounds in bountiful abundance. 

And that's what I learned from a burned-out headlamp. 
Oh, and that I need to get it fixed, posthaste as it were. 

Love,
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment