Monday, May 20, 2013

My Sweet Girl....Keep Dancing!


Another moment of happy tears and a heart swelling with pride for my child; yesterday was Heather's Studio 7 Dance Recital. "Dancing Through The Year" was the theme and Heather danced in March, October, and December. I had a hard time getting good pictures yesterday with my phone and I didn't want to spend any time looking at her dance through a lens. I wanted the real deal.

But this winter, Heather showed her stamina and patience by agreeing to go outside and take pictures after one of the prettier snowfalls. Although chilly, around 30 degrees, it was not terribly windy, and Heather without any hesitation said, "Sure, I'll go out there and freeze. Just for you. Cause I love you." Well, she didn't exactly say that, but her actions did.

We went out and I really thought she'd just keep her boots on, but she took them off, slipped on her ballet slippers and smiled.








Here is just a few of the pictures that day.
To say that I am proud is an understatement.
Watching her yesterday, performing on stage, brought joy to my heart.

She has always had a dancer's spirit. From taking ballet and tap at age 4, to learning how to incorporate worship into her movement as she got older, to fine-tuning certain techniques and learning new ones, I have watched her grow more beautiful.







And this one?
This one just makes me smile. 
Fly, my Sweet Heather, Fly.

Love,
Dianne


No comments:

Post a Comment