Monday, April 2, 2012

The Tulip Parade

If I had to pick a favorite Spring flower, I think I'd pick tulips. (Pun intended.)
I love looking for the first shoots poking through the dirt. I love how they grow overnight into a plant with  thick green leaves and a sturdy stalk to support the bud that will soon appear. I love how that bud changes and grows until it explodes in a riot of merry colors around the gardens.

There it is...I love tulips. They don't smell all that great, but their simple beauty makes up for that one indiscretion. They are so simple to plant in the Autumn and then, in the Spring, surrounded by canary yellow forsythia bushes and daffodils, purple and white crocuses, the parade of tulips begins.

I tried to capture the tulips as they progressed everyday, except today.

I was too lazy.

But the tulips aren't; they are busy being beautiful!



















 I may have mentioned it before, but I think I am in love with tulips. I think that is appropriate as the meaning of tulips is "perfect love".


Maybe I'll just go out and tiptoe through the tulips for a little while.


Love,
Dianne




No comments:

Post a Comment