Friday, April 5, 2013

~A Word From Shakespeare ~

(With Guest Writer: Shakespeare)

Greetings from the vale from whence the springs flow, the breezes doth blow, and we embrace the return of the crow. So says Shakespeare, the "Bard"er Collie. 


A bard, by definition is "a poet, especially a lyric poet". Now I may only look like a border collie to you, but don't let my looks deceive you; underneath that adorable furry exterior lies the heart of a poet. 

Today, I took my lady for a stroll. I wanted to run, she wanted to walk. She thinks she is training me, but really, it is the other way around. You should have seen her jog. Buwahahahahahaha. My lady thought I was barking at the cats, but I was really having a good dog laugh. Oh, but don't tell her that; I like it when she attempts to run because I can run then. This is me trying to persuade her to pick up the pace again. I believe she was catching her breath, but she said she wanted to take my picture.

We sat for a while close to a fence with the most enticing creatures on the other side. All my herding instincts said, "GO GET THEM!!" but my lady was not convinced. She doesn't think I am ready yet. She's probably right but oh, to give those creatures a merry chase would make my tail wag in excess. 

Please oh please? 

Harumph. I guess that was a "no." 

I did learn something today though. These creatures do not like when I jump at them. Their rather large feet kick up the dirt and they looked at me rather disapprovingly. I'll keep trying though because I think they would be good friends once they get used to me. Who wouldn't like this face? 



My lady and I kept walking. There were some fun springtime things that I liked and she let me check them out. Oh, it was puppy bliss. 
Leftover snow, mud puddles and MUD. Be honest, don't you want to play in it? Really, I don't know why my lady didn't get down and roll. 




From the land of level acres
the sun warmed the air,
and the breeze, still holding a breath of winter
gave a hint of not having a care. 
For the puddles of mud and water beckoned,
a chance to frolic and play;
to run with the wind on this, an April Spring day. 

If only the lady would lope along faster,
and I didn't have this leash, 
but I need to learn some manners forthwith
or a kick in the head may be my reward. 
Not from my lady, but from those big creatures
(She called them "horses") 
So for now I'll be content and listen to my teacher. 
~Shakespeare the "Bard"er Collie


Love,
Shakespeare and Dianne

 P.S. This is Dianne. While Shakespeare thought I should roll in the mud, I didn't think I needed to give the neighbors any reason to gossip about discuss my activities. While the mud was lovely, what I liked was the touches of Spring finally bursting out of the ground.

P.S.S. Don't believe everything Shakespeare writes. Especially about my jogging ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment